The Biological Society of Ethiopia in collaboration with stakeholders is organizing its 32nd Annual Conference on the following topic:
“Ecosystem Restoration in Ethiopia: Best Practices and sustainability”.
The BSE aims at bringing together key institutes, authorities, research and para-research institutes and other stakeholders working on diverse aspects of Ecosystem restoration in Ethiopia, to call attention to the need for strengthening ongoing ecosystem restoration activities in the country, beside publishing conference proceedings that will successfully inform the decision making body.
Thus, the organizing committee of the conference invites all BSE members, academicians, both National and International organizations working on Ecosystem restoration to submit their abstracts (not published or presented elsewhere) for oral or Poster presentation, in the following Sub-Thematic areas:
* Drivers of Ecosystems degradation in Ethiopia and the need for restoration;
* Best practices and options of recovering and restoring ecosystems;
* Ecosystem restoration technologies and approaches;
* Ecosystems restoration for food security, biodiversity conservation and ecosystems services;
* Sustainable Land Management Programs as an ecosystem restoration approaches;
* The Green Legacy: challenges and success stories;
* Harnessing various ecosystems restoration initiatives to achieve Ethiopia’s global commitments;
* Other related topics related to ecosystems restoration
*Kindly Note that beside the identified major thematic areas BSE welcomes abstracts on any Biological Sciences discipline for its 32nd Annual conference
Important information and deadlines
• Conference date: 15-16th of March, 2024
• Abstract submission deadline: 5th of February, 2024
• Notification of acceptance: 10th of February, 2024
• Submission of final (full) accepted papers:17th of February 2024
• Publication: The Biological Society of Ethiopia and its partners will publish accepted papers on a proceeding dedicated to this 32nd Annual Conference, on The Ethiopian Journal of Biological Sciences.
• Contact Address: For abstract submission and any other information
Please kindly share this call widely among your network and send an abstract of your papers before the deadline, February 5, 2024
The Organizing Committee.